Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pure Cafe in Tulsa




On Sunday, November 8th, I had a nearly ecstatic culinary experience for lunch with my friend, sponsor, guru, Mary Ann : ) This was our first lunch at Pure Cafe in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Pure is a completely raw food vegetarian eatery to the best of my knowledge, and it may be vegan as well. According to Mary Ann, they've been in the catering business for quite a while and have now ventured into the sit down restaurant arena. Considering that it was possibly the best food I've ever tasted in my life, if I have anything at all to do with it, they'll be here to stay!

Lunch was a complete sensory delight. The the fuschia orchids and multi-colored daisies gracing the tables were gently illuminated from the front of the restaurant by a large, awning covered bay window as well as delicate dangling lamps from above. A perfect breeze wafted the aroma of the food back and forth between the open front and back doors. Honey bees hovered about, attracted by both the flowers and the fruit scents I imagine. I used to have quite a bee and wasp phobia, but they seemed utterly harmless and added an extra dash of nature to the experience. Music played at the perfect volume softly accentuating all of the other sensual stimuli. Our corner of the restaurant was the apex of the two bench seating areas, which afforded us both a complete view of the place. The bookcase on the wall just inside the entry shelves a facinating collection of raw food cook books--an oxymoron suppose, since none of the food there is actually cooked, but rather prepared.

Mary Ann had a pizza with a crunchy crust of what seemed to be ground up nuts. Aside from the nibble of the crust that I had, she polished off the whole thing without a problem! I had coconut noodles made of tender baby coconut "meat" which was tossed together with cashews, radishes, and lots of other stuff that I couldn't identify. I've decided that for me, it doesn't matter what's in it as long as it's tasty and comes from the plant kingdom. To top it all off, they had fresh coconut water, which is now my absolute favorite beverage on Earth! : ))

I can't wait to go back and try some more of their amazing creations! If you're up for a phenomenal senory, culinary experience, check out Pure Cafe:

Pure Cafe
3711 S Harvard
Tulsa, OK
www.purerawcafe.com
918-749-8000

You won't be disappointed!!!

No comments: